Your privacy is of high importance for us. We are adhering the Data Protection Act, which is called the “DPA”. We also anticipate the new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This GDPR law will replace the personal data protection law from the 25th of May 2018 on. From the next paragraph on we will refer to the GDPR law as “the relevant legislation”.
What is this?
We recommend you to carefully read through this privacy declaration.
Strandhotel, located at the Boulevard de Wielingen 49 in 4506 JK Cadzand-Bad, Chamber of Commerce number 2109144, www.strandhotel.eu, is responsible for processing and storing your personal data.
2. Personal data
Are you younger than 18?
We act as responsible
We are gathering and processing personal data for our own purposes. In this respect we act as responsible, which will hereafter be refered to as the “Responsible” in the sense of the relevant legislation.
What personal data are we processing as being responsible?
Without information we are not able to make a reservation for you. This means that in case you want to use our services, we will ask you for some specific data. This is general information, such as your name, the contact information as you prefer, if applicable credit card data and your email address on which you would like to receive the confirmation of your reservation.
As being responsible, we are processing the following personal data:
- Phone number, to complete your reservation;
- Address, to complete your reservation;
- Email address, to complete your reservation;
- Credit card data;
- The type of your mobile phone you are using when visiting and using our website;
- IP address;
How are we using the by us gathered personal data?
We are using the above mentioned personal data only if necessary for the following purposes:
- We are using your email address to link your booking to your address;
- We are using your name and gender so that we can communicate with you by using a right salutation;
- We are using your email address to send push notifications on new content or other activities concerning the Website and to keep you up te date about campaigns and (special) offers which could be interesting for you. You can unsubscribe yourself at any moment for those service, or you can reject them;
- We are using your email address, IP address and the type of mobile phone you are using to know (i) when and how often you are using our Website, (ii) which (push) notifications you are opening and how often and when these you are opening them, and (iii) which content is read the most by the users;
- The type of mobile phone you are using helps us to adapt our Website in a way that it would fit the technical requirements of your device;
- We use your email address to provide you with additional services in the context of customer support and help.
How are we protecting your personal data?
We are working hard to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful access, modifications, publication, use or destruction. We are taking the following measures to make sure your personal data will be safe:
- We are encrypting documents which contain personal data;
- We secure our network connection with the Secure Socket Layer (SLL) technology;
- We secure the access to documents containing personal data with passwords;
- We automatically register all actions concering personal data;
- We are taking physical measures concerning the access to personal data;
We use third-party service providers to help us manage or host our Website or, for example, to conduct activities such as sending newsletters or surveys on our behalf. We only provide Personal Data to third party service providers which are necessary for them to perform the services they are providing. These third party service providers are "(Sub) Editors / Processors" within the meaning of the Relevant Legislation, contractually obliged to carefully handle your Personal Data and to use Personal Data only for the limited purposes as mentioned above.
Generic aggregated (non-personal) data
In order for our Website to work as optimally as possible, we can convert your Personal Data into non-Personal Data and aggregate these with information collected from other users. This can be realized, for example, to analyze our industry and to improve the functionalities of our Website. In such a case your personal data will completely and irreversibly be anonymized. In other words, they will no longer contain any Personal Data.
You can create a Strandhotel account when making your reservation. In this way, is requesting a reservations and/or information more easily with a follow-up request, since we do not have to ask you for your personal data again. To create an account we ask for your gender, name, address, phone number and email address. This personal data is stored in our database.
You can download the Strandhotel app for free. Via our app you can easily and safely make a reservation. Via our app you can send your requests. When doing this we ask you to provide us with your name, place of residence, telefphone number and your email address.
To make offers within your interests, we collect commercially interesting information about people, such as demographical data. We do this by using cookies. We may collect information about you from third parties, including information from our partners and social media sites in accordance with your settings on such websites.
The Strandhotel can be found on several social media sites, such as Facebook and Instagram. The Strandhotel is using social media plugins on the Website. When you are clicking on one of those buttons and you are registering yourself with your social media account, information will be shared with the social media website and will possibly be shown on your profile. Besides, we can use your personal data when you are using any functions on the websites and/or apps of social media, such as a “Facebook-like”. If you are using such a function, we can acquire your personal data via our social media.
Contests and promotions
Strandhotel is often organizing contests and other promotions. If you are respond to one of those contests and/or promotions, we will ask for your name, address and email address. This personal data will be used to inform the winners, to execute the contests and promotions and to measure the responses.
Job application procedure
Strandhotel is gathering and processing data from the applicants by the means of personal contact, per post, per email and/or phone conversations. We are gathering, amongst other things, the name, gender, contact information, motivational letters, information about the level of education and the job history of applicant. This information is relevant for the completion of the application procedure and will be removed after 4 weeks of the end of the procedure. If you are giving permission, the Strandhotel may store your personal data for a longer period of time in its administration, so that you may be contacted again in the future.
Strandhotel is also processing personal data from its employees, in the context of the employment contact and on a legal bases. For information on the processing of employees’ personal data, please refer to the personnel manual of the entity you are working for.
We do not share your personal data with businesses, organizations and individuals other than the Strandhotel, excepted from the following circumstances.
Executing of an agreement
The provision of personal data to third parties is permissible when this is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations towards you. Part of this is the processing of your reservation. If it is necessary for the payment of your bookings, we use a third party for completion of online payments. We may also use your personal data to perform the package you have booked.
With whom are we sharing your personal data and for which purposes?
Various parties, including AIRrepublic & Pure C, are interested in the services of the Strandhotel. This happens in different ways and for different reasons. The main goal is to share the information of your reservation with the restaurant, so that you reservation can be completed. There are other parties which can also receive parts of your personal data. Part of this parties are IT-suppliers and the manager of the CRM system.
We may share personal data with one of our above mentioned parties, if it is necessary to provide you with a continuous service. These parties are contractually obliged to carefully handle your personal data for the limited purposes mentioned above.
For legal reasons
We are sharing personal data if we believe that disclosure of the data is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations and legal procedures or requests from government authorities.
If a legal obligation requires this from us, we may provide your personal data. For instance, the policy may request personal data in the context of fraud investigations. Another example is, that the tax inspector can claim all information required to deduct taxes on the ground of Article 47 of the General Law on State Taxes. Finally, the municipality can also request the provision of information to check the tourist tax assessment. The Strandhotel makes arrangements with the recipients of your personal data to ensure that the personal data are treated confidentially and are protected.
To protect the possessions and for the safety of the company, we are using camera surveillance. The camera surveillance will be limited to the public spaces and the cameras could be both visible or hidden. The recordings will be saved for a maximum of one month.
4. Duty obligation
5. Transfering of personal data outside the European Union
We will process your personal data within the European Union (EU), Switzerland and England. The European Commission has judged that these countries guarantee an adequate level of protection. If we are transferring your personal data to countries outside the EU, your personal data will only be send to countries that are judged with an adequate level of protection that complies with EU standards. The transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU will always be in accordance with the relevant legislation (as stated by article 76 paragraph 1 of the DPA and – as of 25 May 2018 – chapter 5 of the GDPR).
6. Your rights
As specified in and under the terms of the relevant legislation, you have the right to tell us that:
- you would like to see the personal data and/or a copy of the personal data that we are processing from you, which document would also show where the personal data is processed and for which purpose. We can also transfer this copy – at your request – to another party, in case you want your personal data to be transferred to another party;
- you want us to adjust, update, protect or remove your personal data, or if you want us to limit the processing of this in our documentation;
- you wish to report misuse of your personal data;
- you are objecting the processing of your personal data;
- you believe that we are processing your data unlawfully. You can also submit a complaint at the Dtuch Data Protection Authority.
- you want to withdraw your consent with regard to the processing of your personal data. This is possible at any time. From the moment you withdraw your consent, we stop processing your personal data. This does not affect the lawfulness of our processing on the basis of your permission before it is withdrawn.
We are committed to respond to such requests within 4 weeks after receipt, unless we let you know within that period of time that we will need tome more time to respond.
Despite the care and attention that is paid for managing this website, it could be possible that the site contains incorrect information. The Strandhotel is not liable for any technical or editorial errors that occur on this website, nor for any consequential damage resulting from the use or the temporary unavailability of this website or the links which can direct you to the websites of third parties.
Do you have a complaint about the use of your personal data? Than we would like to direct you to the complaints procedure of the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This authority is authorized to take note of your complaint.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the way we handle your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy statement is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. We reserve the right to periodically update this privacy statement. The latest version will be published on this page.
Version May 2018